Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Vegan/Vegetarian Recipes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Probe, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    Re: vegetarianism.

What...? Haha, you're not punk enough?? :D I came across this recipe for making Sauerkraut. But it looks like a heck of a process although you don't need a lab to make it (actually it sounds pretty easy, it just takes time). Note it also goes moldy, so for all you punks with a lot of time on your hands...

Or you could just buy it in a can but I'm sure it's not the same as if you make it yourself + you'll get to eat it for weeks :o .

2. IamMe

IamMe Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 29, 2012
     United Kingdom

:lmao: no i dont think i am punk enough hahahaha.

that's one hell of a process where did the meal originate from?

i will definitely have to try it just for the sake of it and probably make less than the recipe says cos im not sure i will like it although i do like cabbage.

yer no soup tastes as good from a can compared to homemade.
    keep the recipies cooming comrades.

a little bit of food history: pirates (and other sea travelers) used to make a stew and keep it cooking for the whole trip at sea while chucking any thing in there as they go. now that's punk as fuck.

3. cleofis

cleofis Member Forum Member

Jun 28, 2013

vegan gravy!
    vegan butter cooked with chopped onion until golden brown. slowly add flour till it's the right consistency, add some soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste. throw in a lil rice milk, or almond milk, or water. and nutritional yeast. after you add the liquids, you may want to add more flour or nooch for the right thickness. takes about 10 min to make.
    you can also make it straight up with nutritional yeast, no flour.
    so cheesy, so filling, so satisfying <3

4. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    I thought the dish originated in Germany but there seems to be some controversy about that. Check out this link if you're interested and you can also read about some of its health benefits: http://www.goethe.de/ins/gb/lp/prj/mtg/typ/sau/en5653632.htm

EDIT: And speaking of pirates and sailing ships, here's another interesting fact taken from the above link:

5. IamMe

Dec 29, 2012
     United Kingdom
    thanks for that spike.

im sorry i didn't realize there was already an active discussion about vegan/vegetarian recipes

6. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

Ah ZegeVege is today ( Zagreb vegan fest. ). I hope there will be some free veggie food :)

7. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    No worries IamMe...just a quick merger...

8. IamMe

Dec 29, 2012
     United Kingdom
    cool Bakica wheres the festival to?

9. gossippk10

gossippk10 New Member New Member

Jun 6, 2018
    Male
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates  United Arab Emirates