Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Family Guy/Simpsons? anyone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Probe, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

i prefer direct action and doing something outside other than watch tv, but thats just me.

2. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

I know a guy who looks exactly like Chris in Family guy... After a couple of beers when he's around, it's hard to tell if i'm outside or watching tv :D

3. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

Space Ghost Coast to Coast

4. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

Fuck Fox, Idiocracy 4 u's

5. Bentheanarchist

Bentheanarchist Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Dec 10, 2010

South park is the best cartoon, and it will never get old because its random

6. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

DirtyRottenThrashPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2010

I love the old Simpsons, I was practically raised on 'em hahaha....the last several years haven't been as good, but I still watch 'em...Family Guy has some really awful moments that I hate, but most episodes I enjoy, there's just a few that are really awful/go "too far". South Park is awesome, but I haven't watched it in like a year and a half...need to change that soon. And Futurama is great too. I also like American Dad, it's better then Family Guy and way better then The Cleveland Show (which is pretty fucking terrible...like the worst of Family Guy, all the time). I also enjoy other comedies like a bunch of the Thursday night NBC ones, weird shit like Fringe and X Files, a bunch of HBO/Showtime stuff....I watch too much TV :/

7. punkpenguin

punkpenguin Member Forum Member

Apr 14, 2011

Same here, old Simpsons is great but the newer stuff is awful. South Park is my favourite cartoon, it's still funny even with the newer eps. And as for Family Guy... don't get me started. I hate it. The randomness of it really annoys me and it rips off The Simpsons too much. Almost all the episodes don't stick to the 'story' and the jokes are all just "This is like the time when..." ARGH! How is that funny? Anyone can make jokes like that. And I don't like how they prolong a certain scene, e.g. Brian vomiting, it went on for aaaaaaages. OK we fucking got it after the first 10 seconds. And also sometimes they'll throw in a really long song for no apparent reason, it's like they can't think of anything to add so let's just shove in a song to make up for time! Urgh... HOWEVER, when FG isn't doing all that, and actually sticks to the storyline, then it can be really good... though this is rare.

8. (A)ndy

(A)ndy Active Member Forum Member

Feb 5, 2011
     United States
    i prefer batman the animated series.i grew up with that <3

9. The Freakboi

The Freakboi Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 8, 2011

I really don't get the whole "family guy is a simpsons ripoff" thing. Aside from it being about a family with a fat, stupid father, there are no comparison points. Aside from Peter and Homer, the two families are completely different, I hardly remember Maggie trying to take over the world. The funny thing is, I've noticed that newer Simpsons episodes have actually started stealing the cutaway joke format that made Family Guy popular.

Now I'm not a huge fan of either Family Guy or The Simpsons, but I think out of the two I prefer Family Guy. The reason being that The Simpsons was only funny for a really short period of time, the really early episodes were preachy, predictable, all-american crap that was neither funny nor compelling, the newest Simpsons episodes are worse, but for a completely different reason (mainly that the writers just stopped caring about the characters they had established) so the show was really only any good during the early 00's. Now, the episodes during that period probably made me laugh more than the average Family Guy episode. But, overall, Family Guy has still been more consistently funny.

Like alot of people on the forum, I really like South Park, but only really the episodes made after the movie. The first couple of series were just poor, I honestly think the only reason it got so popular was because parents hated it. I also like alot of the old Adult Swim cartoons like 12oz mouse, Space Ghost, Moral Orel etc.

10. Bentheanarchist

Bentheanarchist Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Dec 10, 2010

Robot Chicken, Family Guy, South Park, Futurama, American Dad, and Ugly Americans.

11. apples&onions

apples&onions Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 16, 2012

Venture Bros. for the win.

12. Utopian

Utopian Experienced Member Experienced member

Jun 9, 2012

futurama is still the best.

simpsons are getting to old and boring

13. apples&onions

apples&onions Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 16, 2012

Oh my god. I just started watching Bob's Burgers. It is amazing!!!

14. homegrown terror

homegrown terror Experienced Member Experienced member

Jun 13, 2012

i'd point out that a lot (not all, but a lot) of the "offensive" humor in family guy is there specifically to ridicule and put down people who have those viewpoints in real life. a lot of it isn't meant to be racist/sexist/homohobic etc, but to hold up a funhouse mirror to the racists/sexists/homophobes and make them see themselves how the rest of the world sees them, and to give us a good laugh at their expense.

15. zakkman666

zakkman666 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 20, 2012

I like The Simpsons (seasons 1-9) HATE Family Guy it's too racist for me. I enjoy South Park, King of The Hill, Beavis and Butthead, Daria. Futurama and Undergrads.

16. TardisPunk

TardisPunk Active Member Forum Member

Jun 10, 2011

The Simpsons is great. Along with Doctor Who, it's about the only thing I enjoy watching on tv.

17. The Hat

The Hat Experienced Member Experienced member

May 29, 2019
    Illinois, United States  United States
    I'm a bit of a cartoon fan myself. Haven't really watched Simpsons or Family Guy in quite a while, though.

I like too many cartoons to list.

I guess if there's one cartoon I've been watching recently on a regular basis, it would be Bob's Burgers. That's just off the top of my head.

Like I said, there are too many cartoons I like to list at this point.