Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Favorite Motorcharged bands?

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by crazyb, May 10, 2012.

1. crazyb

crazyb Member New Member

Mar 24, 2010

Trying to discovers something new

2. crustybeckham

crustybeckham Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 22, 2012

Inepsy, Legion 666 (last Lp), Outlaw bastards from Mexico, some Loudpipes maybe... The "genre" has become fairly trendy but most bands are not really interesting. Good music to drink to I suppose...

3. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Those guys are good friends and always sound really good live, if you ever want to get in contact with them let me know...

4. Veganarchy

Veganarchy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 10, 2009

5. anarchoskin69

anarchoskin69 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 14, 2010

i am of the opinion anymore that alot of awesome music comes out of sweden

6. crustybeckham

Jan 22, 2012

Try some Born Dead Icons. They did this shit 10 years before everyone. Dishammer from Spain might fit in the category as well and Loadead from Hellgium with former Hiatus members.

Thanks Mar. There are some decent bands in Mexico currently. Bio-Crisis, Crimenes de Guerra (excellent), Coaccion (obviously), Amagi or Keyser Sose. But I kept wishing for more Fallas del Sistema or Desobediencia Civil inspired bands, or even bands with an actual 80's Mexican influence like M68, Meli, Especimen, Histeria, SS20... which I am a sucker for. Am I too picky?

7. d-beat95

d-beat95 Member Forum Member

Jan 7, 2010

Check CARLOS CRUZT !
    D-beat 'n' Roll from Portugal : [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfj-2cYim8E[/video]

8. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Wow you just named a shit ton of good friends bands, no you're not too picky you just really know your shit...really impressive for being so far away... :o I'm on a mission now to find you new stuff in that vein of dark noisy almost gothy mexi-punk...wish me luck!

9. d-beat95

d-beat95 Member Forum Member

Jan 7, 2010

Black Panda: [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsHYJ-mB9ws&feature=endscreen&NR=1[/video]

10. crustybeckham

Jan 22, 2012

Now that you mention it, I don't really know any post-punk/goth-punk influenced Mexican bands... Definitely worth searching for! There must be some bands into Paralisis Permanente.

I have been really into 80's Mexican punk for a few years. Actually, I always keep a watchful eye on what's going on punk-wise in Latine America because there are and have been excellent bands (Peruano 80's hardcore-punk has to be one of the angriest, Medellin punk-rock was the roughest) on that side of the world and also for sentimental reasons. Besides, knowing bands from all over keeps things fresh and interesting for my radio show (both for me and the audience).

This is completely off-topic but I would strongly recommend to anyone interested in classic Mexican punk music a couple of compilations: "Ruido, unidad y ideologia" and "Siglo XX" released in 91 and 89 respectively and above all "Mexicopilacion" in which you really have the cream of the crop (M68, Herejia, Atoxxxico, Disolucion Social, KK-Core, Meli, Histeria, Xenofobia, SS20, Sedicion and even Rebeld Punk! The only significant absence being Solucion Mortal.). It has to be said that the sound is raw and rough but this is rabioso as fuck (punk, innit?).

Back to topic. Subcaos from Portugal now embrace the motorcharged punky style and they do it very well (they've going for almost 20 years I think). Craft and Sickness from France could also fit in the sub-sub-subgenre.

11. Malicia

Malicia New Member New Member

Aug 26, 2012

Yeahhh Black Panda ruleeezz! I'd said that Inepsy & Midnight are my fvrt motorcharged ones

12. Deep Blue

Deep Blue Member New Member

Jul 15, 2012

There's also another band called Speedwolf they're absolutely killer.

13. dannycrust

dannycrust New Member New Member

Oct 21, 2012

14. The Hat

The Hat Experienced Member Experienced member

May 29, 2019
    Illinois, United States  United States
    There was once a band from Scandinavia (Can't remember exactly where) called SKIT KIDS.
    To be honest, I couldn't understand their lyrics, nor do I know if they're still around or how many releases they had, but the one C.D. I have sounds like the best elements of Troops of Tomorrow era Exploited mixed with Fast Eddie era Motorhead.

15. Charger Bullet

Charger Bullet Experienced Member Experienced member

Feb 9, 2018
    Male
    Texas, United States  United States
    What the hell is "Motorcharged"?

16. Red Menace

Red Menace Active Member Forum Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Florida, United States  United States
    Skitkids were from Sweden. One of my bands played our first show opening for them. Very good live band.

The Hat likes this.
  17. The Hat

May 29, 2019
    I'm assuming it's bands influenced or sounding like a mix between Motorhead and G.B.H. but I could be wrong.

18. The Hat

May 29, 2019
    Cool. Thanks for the info. Are they still around?

19. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Skitkids broke up a long time ago..

Motorcharge = Motorhead + Discharge influenced (See Inepsy)

Oütlaw Bästards are back in rehearsals with new members..