Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Best bands you've seen live.

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by SurgeryXdisaster, Oct 28, 2009.

1. ghoul

ghoul Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 16, 2010

That's a hard question. The Subhumans/Tossers show I went to was amazing. I didn't think I'd ever get to see Subhumans so that was awesome. Not to mention The Tossers opening up for them. The show that was by far the most "punk rock" was Defiance at the bomb shelter. That shit was insane. Swat Team with submachine guns and laser sights, tear gas and everything. They didn't stop playing even with the tear gas! They earned their name that night. The Anti Product show I set up was awesome even with the rain. Just had to move it indoors. They were some of the nicest people.

For non punk, the afternoon I got to hang out in a backyard with BB King and eat BBQ and listen to him play was indescribable. I don't think anything could ever top that.

2. FLAmoeba

FLAmoeba Active Member Forum Member

Jan 17, 2010

I just saw Cannibal Corpse and Skeletonwitch in St.Pete. This was the best concert I've been to.

The pit was wild it was a small venue but both Skeletonwitch and Cannibal Corpse turned all the non-fenced off areas into a pit. I have alot of respect for the brutal 4'11" 90Lb girls who were taking more abuse than I was. It wasnt violent except for one douche bag got stuck in the face 3 times for being a douche.

There was no half ass playing by anyone, Lecherous Nocturne and some other band played that night too but they weren't that great.

I know it's Metal not Punk but I would go again.

3. canweriotnow

canweriotnow New Member New Member

May 25, 2010

Hmmm... some of my all time favourite shows:

Bread and Water
    Submission Hold (same show!)
    Contravene
    The Profit$
    Balance of Terror
    Aphasia
    Tragedy
    2am Revolution
    Defiance, Ohio
    Wake up On Fire
    Unpersons
    Mankind?
    Witch Hunt

And, sadly, circa 2001-2002, best live band: Against Me! Pity they're suck-ass sell-outs, now.

4. square519

square519 Member New Member

Mar 9, 2010

it would have to be the pist and slang and dropkick murphys

5. anarchowill

anarchowill Member Forum Member

Dec 9, 2009
     United States
    my awesome live list would have to be

UXA
    Resist and exist
    Final conflict (w/ ron)
    napalm death
    extreme noise terror
    filth
    aus rotten
    anti - product
    wolfbrigade
    axiom

and others

6. zakkman666

zakkman666 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 20, 2012

The Smashing Pumpkins
    Less Than Jake
    Propagandhi
    Rush
    KISS
    Alice Cooper
    GWAR
    Massacre (Rick Rozz & Terry Butler of Death)
    Rancid
    Strung Out
    Blink 182
    Against Me!
    Guttermouth
    Agnostic Front

I could also list a a few local bands but that would be pointless seeing as you guys wouldn't know them. Ironically 2 of the bands I really enjoyed in concert and who were really nice to me when I met them are a bit right-wing, those bands being Guttermouth and Agnostic Front (Guttermouth gave me a free shirt and were just all around nice guys and Agnostic Front were extremely nice).

7. Some Guy

Some Guy Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 13, 2011
     Canada
    Here's a bunch of bands/shows that I can think of off the top of my head.

- I saw Oi Polloi a few years back and they absolutely blew my mind. I actually had no clue who they were previously, but I became an instant fan, and they're definitely one of my favourite bands now. Their music was great, and I was impressed by their singer's informed rants about serious issues, yet he was also fun and very respectful.
    - I saw Youth Brigade several years back, and that remains to be one of my favourite show I've ever been to. They were great, the crowd/pit was great.
    - Both times I've seen Propagandhi live, I had the time of my life, very likely due to the fact that they're my favourite band.

This summer I went to a punk festival in Montreal (Pouzza Fest) and it was great. I got to see a lot of my favourite bands from when I was young play together:
    - I saw Less Than Jake and Suicide Machines play together. Both of which were amazing. Less Than Jake were one of the main bands who introduced me to punk when I was a young teen, and they played an amazing set (they barely play their mediocre songs from the year 2000 onwards), and the crowd was great. Suicide Machines were amazing too, and I never thought I'd ever get to see them live. To make it even better, they played a secret show in a small venue at 2am, so I got to see them twice in one night.
    - The night before, I saw Lagwagon and The Lawrence Arms play together. Both of them were amazing. I don't listen to skatepunk too much anymore, but I thought Lagwagon were amazing.

At the Pouzza Fest the year before, a wicked ska/core band from Montreal got back together after 10 years to play a show. They were easily the highlight of the entire festival for me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpBq1-p-50M

A couple of months ago, my buddy and I got to see Rise Against/Gaslight Anthem/Hot Water music for free. I'm only a very casual fan of these bands, but I was impressed with all of them. Besides, my buddy and I got free tickets (which were worth $50 dollars each). So, that was fun.

oh yeah, Germ Attak's last show ever in Ottawa (our home town) was great too!

8. zakkman666

Sep 20, 2012

I also like how Less Than Jake plays mostly old songs.

9. crustybeckham

crustybeckham Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 22, 2012

Here are the gigs that come to mind when I think of intense live brilliance:

- 17 december 2003: Gathering of the 5000 in Derby with Conflict, Subhumans, Icons of Filth, Lost Cherrees and Poundaflesh.

- March 2005: Doom, Extinction of Mankind, Gurkha, Ruin, The Dagda, Bait, After the Massacre and Burning the Prospect at the 1in12 Club in Bradford. An amazing all-dayer. Special mentions go to Dagda and Gurkha who were devastating live.

- Early 2008 (I think): Deviated Instinct, Extinction of Mankind and Warprayer at the 1in12. Best DI and EOM gigs I have seen so far.

- 17 March 2012: Antisect at the Tanneries in Dijon. My all-time favourite band. I pretty much turned into a senseless fanboy during the gig. I got to see them again at the 1in12 two weeks later along with Cress and Hellkrusher.

- Play fast or don't festival 2009 in Hradec Kralowe: too many bands to mention and I have grown a bit weary of big fests like that but there were a couple of real highlights like EOM (again!), Hellkrusher, Morne, Instinct of Survival (the cream of the crust), Campus Sterminii, Infekcja, Guided Cradle, Nuclear Death Terror, Violent Headache (excellent), Ruidosa Inmundicia and Dirty Power Game. The next edition was good as well, though not quite as crusty, with Deviated Instinct, Hibernation ( <3 ), Warcollapse and Counterblast.

- 7 June 2002: UK Subs, Cria Cuervos and Unlogistic near Paris. I was 19, it was probably my first big punk gig and I have always loved the Subs. I still smile when I think about that night.

10. CrustCat

CrustCat Active Member Forum Member

Nov 12, 2012

Wait, Agnostic Front is right wing? I mean, I guess it does sound that way just by the band name, but I didn't want to jump to conclusion. Never gave them a listen, but thanks for the heads up because now I NEVER WILL! Haha.
    I can't pick just one band, it's like picking your favorite pet. So I'll just list the best I've see recently: I got to see Nasum twice this year and they were a blast. Also got to see Napalm Death twice this year. Same with Dropdead. And Resistant Culture. Holy fuck, I guess this year just rules with all these doubles!

11. Harrison

Harrison Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2009

Best show I've ever seen was Living and Wrestling's second last show at Scheme City punk house in Milwaukee, summer 2012. It was amazing.

Defiance Ohio at Lothlorien Coop, Madison, Summer 2010 is also up there.

12. Nihilist84

Nihilist84 Active Member Forum Member

Apr 14, 2011

for me it would have to be:
    Funeral Dress
    LCB
    Vice Squad
    Krum Bums
    Against Empire
    Leftover Crack
    arrived late and only heard one song from Mouth Sewn Shut (asshole) it was awesome tho
    And by far my most favorite has been GBH never stopped pitting :thumbsup: and they played all my fav songs <3
    and definitely the worst the casualties but i saw Krum bums too that night so it made up for it... slightly

13. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    Gee, there've been so many good bands and I can't remember half of them but some that've stood out and I'm really grateful to have seen were:
    Inferno
    Upright Citizens
    Stengte Dører
    The Accüsed
    Chaos UK
    Deviated Instinct
    Napalm Death
    Maniacs
    FFF
    SM-70
    Slime

14. zakkman666

Sep 20, 2012

Their singer is Cuban and used to be married to Amy from Nausea but the band seems a bit patriotic, not sure if right-wing, but definitely patriotic. Nice guys though, other than the song "Public Assistance" (which wasn't even written by them it was written by Peter Steele of Type O Negative) they're pretty safe to listen to in the company of most people. They describe everything as "hardcore" and they say it with a thick NY accent which I found really awesome.

15. nclpw

nclpw Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 25, 2012

They still recorded and played the song though, that means they agree with the lyrics.

16. zakkman666

Sep 20, 2012

I don't like that song one bit.

17. nclpw

May 25, 2012

Its really, really lame, haha.

18. zakkman666

Sep 20, 2012

Oh I know. Even if it wasn't offensive it's still a poorly written song.

19. nclpw

May 25, 2012

No, I meant the song is really lame.
    I listened to Agnostic Front when I was younger, its kinda funny that a band like that would have this in their cd cover.

[​IMG]

20. zakkman666

Sep 20, 2012

I know you meant the song hahaha, it's offensive and poorly written, a lame song indeed. That is a bit odd, but then again Roger Miret didn't write Public Assistance, Peter Steele from Type O Negative did.