Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Punk rock, and punk.

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by Sti, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Sti

Sti Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 26, 2011

Does anybody else but me have a perspective of the dicotomy between punk rock and its message then moving forward to anarcho punk and its strangely reverse idealism? My question is how an anarchist becomes a punk, once again, and how the sad truth of the original message becomes dust. Has anyone ever seen "Sid Vicious in Paris"? I believe it true that in some ways the sex pistols themselves sold out but their message if you can understand it, is not easy to talk about, really, and they were not the only punk group that way I might add, punk rock is a very emotional and life changing movement. It is understanding of your needs.. (?) anarcho punk is in fact punk too. o_O I think many punks realize that they honestly do have affiliations to punk. I myself do. Ink was an artistic movement for real though it may seem like stale trailer crap it is not. Maybe they have created more to believe than they tried to portray because punk is an honest art movement and a lifestyle, and here is my issue, it also became an honest to god movement that I am grateful to be a part of but that aside, the topic that I'm bringing up is that punks message is sincerely mind blowing. And that both sides are fair to each other. I have become depressed, the punk part of me that makes me crusty, is now in fact, understandable, yet powerless. On another side note, led Zeppelins blueberry hill (1970) begins with " there is in fact a movement, and it is in fact called punk. "

2. Sti

Dec 26, 2011

I am japanese.

3. RememberGlencoe

RememberGlencoe Experienced Member Experienced member

May 12, 2014

You mean like the Nihilism that Sid espoused? That's only one perspective, punk was only ever about freeing yourself. Wherever that freedom in thought and deed brought you to was your thing, not everyone's.Hence the great shows of resistance in mannerisms, artwork, clothing/hygiene, etc being common, but everything else being quite dissimilar between scenes. The antiauthoritarian nature of punk is what attracted people who also discovered and embraced anarchism. You don't have to be a nihilist or a crusty to be a punk, you just have to not allow others to make your decisions for you, to control you.
    I'm not saying there wasn't a lot of self-destruction, degeneracy, anti-everything in some strains and scenes, but the idea of the entire movement being like that was a stricly mainstream concept. The Nihilists of the Sex Pistols simply captured more attention than, say, the Ramones, who were actually more influential in some ways.
    Trust me when I say that the Sex Pistols are in no way the inventors, leaders, or chief idealogues of punk.

4. Sti

Dec 26, 2011

These are all the directions you take to begin to understand punk. I am full blown, punk. I hope you know that the safety pin joke is about raising children In a reverse sarcasm kind of manner. That would be punk rockers, which I was. This thread is about that movement. And the decay of that truth, from a personal perspective, and it has got me depressed. I have been left with punk future and not punk present. I am literally forgetting absolutely everything and the psychological ground I stand on that is oh so badass about why I was a nihilistic art punkyr in the "punk!" Way. Punk is the most immense movement and creative idea, of all time. Being a punk is harder on any day of the week than being a fucking legitimate anarchist I swear to god and that is my point, punk is insanely fragile, not one sided, emotional, and elite. Punk acceptance is a LIE. Juvenile, not, dim witted, not, for everybody, not, anathematic, not bit criminally yes. People who understand it will forever be in straight up infatuation, and a state of necessity. Punk, is amazing, actually, there ARE punks. There is a side to punk said by infatuated punks that it is the be all, that is how you treat a retard, a person that wants to be what a punk is. What I'm saying punks message of love is a huge misinderstanding created by sympathetic punks. Who were most likely high. We punks want people to be punks so people can experience what were saying like we are the people we are. That is the message of punks love and for every body thing, I'm quoting someone " punk was not labeled "for everybody" what it was labeled as is new." Everything that stems from all the rumors of nihilism etcetera are defined by happy proactive living. But nihilism is exactly what punk is all about.it is the ramones who influenced the sex pistols cuz Johnny rotten saw the band live and was scared. So he started to begin to like punk, it is the same thing, it is punk. Sad to say the American punks were actually mean as shit and its depressing sad to say. By the way I am a crusty I am simply trying to define the lost fact of punk seeing is that it's a genuine ideal and is still really crust. Crust people are strange and vile and boring. I define myself as punk. There is no such thing as a peso that's a lie you tell to little kids when they are not genuine enough to conform. To prove me point we all go to school and we all come out knowing the same shit. A teacher is a pedo. Unless you live in California. I'm an 18 year old female punk. I'm not lieing. Why in the hell would I tell you that as a lie? It would make more sense if I was older. I could honestly given my situation be yoinger than 18. Like I'm in love with some random child?! I'm sorry but I'm not!!! Kids who are punk?! There are NONE. I a child who fits this description ? There are none maybe my child will be this badass when I have my own baby. The sex pistols are the opposite of punk, they should be called crusties. Every punk band is to be the chief idealogue, that is the standard. But of punks that is what is legitimate and what the sex pistols are saying is what I'm talking about. My punk band of choice is crass. Wich is like punk for people who will one day understand, but in time. The sex pistols actually are the real face of punk. There are more to like oh by god am I on that side. The whole world stopped when punk was dead. The little hint there is that it is not more punk at all to idolize the "truth" it's not punk at all, yep. I have honestly described this before on this same site. It's becoming a chore, I think I'm going to write a full blown ducking book like hahaha. Yeah this thread is for experienced punks of that sort who became anarchists keep that in mind please

5. nodogs_nomasters

nodogs_nomasters Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 15, 2014
     United States
    If I understand your initial contention correctly, I would say that there are a great diversity of ideas and ways of life that punk can encompass. I certainly wouldn't go looking to The Sex Pistols as any sort of golden calf of punk rock, either. They were quite mainstream and commercialized.
    It's a bit like looking at the hippie movement and assuming that all hippies embrace The Beatles and all opinions espoused by The Beatles. They were only a small and very streamlined, commoditized segment of that movement.
    Punk encompasses quite a bit more than self destruction and nihilism.
    I have always been attracted to the more intelligent, thoughtful, and creative sides of punk rock, so The Sex Pistols aren't quite my deal. Same goes for a lot of punk rockers.
    A punk does whatever he or she finds liberating, and to many that is quite in line with anarchism.