Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Help with Oi!?

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by Anarchy Forever, May 5, 2014.

1. Anarchy Forever

Anarchy Forever Active Member Forum Member

Nov 3, 2012

Hey guys, I'm just a little worried about my playlists. I have bands that looked good to try out, but then I see some controversies over them. Could someone show me some interviews, websites, or just something that helps me figure it out. I just don't want to get into something and learn later that its RAC or some shit. I know The Oppressed are legit (right?)

Oh and sorry if this has been asked before, I didn't see stuff like this so either I'm blind or didn't look hard enough
    Here are the bands i am curious about

-Resistance 77 (They said themselves they are just a little nationalistic on facebook, but i still see controversies)
    -The Last Resort (From the UK, i see lots of arguments on Last Fm and other places but i dont see anything to hint racism in their lyrics.)

And heres some bands that are not specifically Oi!, but i dont know a lot about
    -Bonecrusher
    -Braindance
    -Anti-Heros (They went through all that legal shit to not be associated with Nazi's in American History X, but i still have to ask.)
    -Oxymoron (But only if Bonecrusher is racist or something, because they have done a split and i have never seen anything to point them towards RAC or racism .)
    -Tower Blocks (Because i think i hear the N word in the song "Kill Baby, Kill Yourself." But I have read that this song is laughing at some Nazi from the band Kill Baby, Kill killed himself while hopped up on cocaine)

Sorry if these are some unknown bands to some of you. I used to skim Last Fm A LOT a while ago. I looked at similar artists to the bands i liked and made sure to avoid the tags RAC, racist, Nazi, etc.

Thats all i can think of right now. Thank for answering and sorry for the length

2. discrass

discrass Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 1, 2011
     Portugal
    about OXYMORON, no worries, it s really nice band with good music! the singer is a bit arrogant and stupid but really not nazionalist or racist or bullshit like that!
    if you like them he sing in an other band called BAD CO PROJECT (it s totally the same than OXYMORON)

BRAINDANCE I like the music too, I don t know them personally, but I think they are not stupid idiots

3. Anarchy Forever

Nov 3, 2012

I love both bands, I just thought i would throw Sucker's bands in (Oxymoron/Bad Co Project) because i know they are sort of Oi!. I highly doubted it but you can never be too safe.
    And thanks if anyones looking up these bands to help out.

4. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    - Resistance 77 is shit and they played a bunch of shows with RAC and fascist bands. I think an ex member of Skrewdriver is now playing in the band

- Last Resort can be considered "okay" by most redskins because it is an "icon" of the scene, but they did a split with Combat 84 (a shitty RAC band with a neo-nazi singer). Personnally i think they're shit but most skinheads will disagree with me.

- Bonecrusher is OK, afaik

- Anti-Heros are cool, one of the members is an afro-american and they have all of my respect for publicly standing against Condemned 84

- Oxymoron is 100% clean

I don't know the other bands so i can't help

It's always a good idea to inform yourself about the Oi! bands you listen to when you suspect it may be unclear. There are so many greyzone bands in this scene. This forum is a good place to ask. Good job for doing this.

5. Anarchy Forever

Nov 3, 2012

Thanks for the tips, I just hope i have no issues with the other bands i have. Tower Blocks is great for sound. They are kind of a deeper and more gargled voice version of Oxymoron. I suggest them if they don't turn out to be racist bastards. I sort of doubt it though with the song "Kill Baby, Kill Yourself"
    Their Last Fm page seems to just say they are pretty standard skinheads. I hope thats all they are.

And i saw another band called Stage Bottles. I think they are SHARP. But i cant remember if that was them or another band i cant remember. They have an interesting sound though. They are Street/Oi! and have trumpets every now and then.

6. Havran

Havran Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 22, 2012
     Czech Republic
    Don't worry about Stage Bottles, they are 100% antifascist :)

7. Anarchy Forever

Nov 3, 2012

Out of curiosity, did Condemned 84 do something to them, or did they just speak out against them because they are Nazi's?
    I just have never heard of this and dont know anythin about it

8. Anarchy Forever

Nov 3, 2012

Also Does anyone know anything about Anti Nowhere League. I cant find a lot about them.

And while im at it someone asked me one time why the Subhumans logo has the Nazi lightning SS in it
    I cant find a real answer. I just thought it was by coincidence. Aren't they anarchists?

9. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Stage Bottles are awesome, one of the greatest antifascist bands !

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dptw8L_N_3o[/video]

C84 refused to play with anti-heros because they have an afro-american member. So anti-heros spoke out against them. They were booked on the same festival.

I'm pretty sure the whole story was posted somewhere on the forum. There's a topic called Condemned 84

Anti Nowhere League and Subhumans are definatly clean. It's just a coincidence. Many other anti-nazis bands have "s" letters that looks like the SS logo. It's just a calligraphy.

10. Anarchy Forever

Nov 3, 2012

Sweet thanks for the info. I hope you watch out when this topic comes up if i have anymore Oi! questions.

And yes, all the bands that got an OK from you guys Rock!

11. Anarchy Forever

Nov 3, 2012

Couple more bands i need info on please.

- The Oi! Scouts (I know they have "Nuke The Nazi's," but i still gotta ask)
    - Squiggy
    - Blind Society

I found these guys cause they all did splits. Im more questioning the last two cause i have absolutely no info on them
    Thanks

12. TardisPunk

TardisPunk Active Member Forum Member

Jun 10, 2011

Any of these Oi! bands dodgy? CODE 1, TATTOOED MOTHER FUCKERS, QUEENSBURY RULES, RAZORBLADE, RAZORCUT, RETALIATOR, A.B.H, CITIZEN KEYNE