Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Documentary request

Discussion in 'REQUESTS' started by mishelu182, Nov 1, 2011.

1. mishelu182

mishelu182 Member New Member

May 25, 2011

there's this documentary that came out this year about punk rock dads,it's called The Other F Word,talks about how fatherhood changed the lives of famous punk musicians.It would be really cool if someone could find it :thumbsup:

2. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

3. mishelu182

May 25, 2011

i already found these torrents but they are all inactive :ecouteurs: i was hoping for some other sources

4. nike

nike Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 19, 2011

don't worry - i have it and will post a mediafire-link as soon as i can upload it on friday or saturday this week, bit of a moneyproblem right now...

5. mishelu182

May 25, 2011

that would be great,thank you :)

6. builttolast

builttolast Member New Member

Nov 3, 2011

Sweet, I've been look for the film for ages, I can't wait to see it. Thanks for the upload in advance dude. :thumbsup:

7. nike

Jun 19, 2011

I regret to report...
    we didn't succeeded in ripping the DVD to compress it down to a more comfortable size, it's a copy meant to be used in cinemas and there seems to be a more than serious copy-protection on it.
    some think it's this starforce copy protection - still a problem for ripping programs, we tried every avaliable ripper and breaker - sadly all in vain. packing and compressing it into a number of *.rar's failed too, at a certain point of the process the machine produces only unusable data trash - we will continue to try to get around it and finally upload a link - but it will take time.

to make good for our failure i tried most of the avaliable downloads in the net - seems like some assholes were very successful spreading a fake-DL protected by a password one has to get from a dubious website called "whackyvidz.com" - beware, the offered passwords are useless, the downloaded .rar is probably trash too.

maybe one of the mods can delete the link Mdm. Applez posted 5 posts ago - this torrent is a proven fake!

8. mishelu182

May 25, 2011

thanks for trying anyway, i appreciate it.

9. nike

Jun 19, 2011

thats why we will continue to work on it or find some alternative source, just a matter of time and patience.

10. builttolast

Nov 3, 2011

11. builttolast

Nov 3, 2011

any update?

12. nike

Jun 19, 2011

we are still trying to sneak our way around this fucking starforce copy protection, at least we are now sure that it is this thrice accursed atrocity, assumedly a bugged early version because several cracks we tried failed altogether. i'm still looking for alternatives or a dl on the nets, but the movie is still running in us-cinemas and i guess the producers are a bit fickle about early bootlegs. but i mailed the guy who gave me this copy for an unprotected one, i didn't mentioned that i plan to upload it but claimed problems with the cd-drive (starforce is infamous for making problems with drives) - so maybe i get a fresh one. i will keep on trying to solve the problem... :ecouteurs:

13. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

Send you a fine package with stuff we collected while looking for "mice" - it looks a bit odd maybe, but it's clean and works good against the refusal of SCSI-drives...

The official DVD-release of "another f-word" is announced for january 31, 2012
    And reading the reviews I have to mention that it's a bit odd - there's only famous punk dads...
    [​IMG]

14. builttolast

Nov 3, 2011

sweet thanks! :thumbsup:

15. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    DVDFab will allow you to a DVD and bypass all copyright protection. Then you can use the application "DVDtoDivx" to get it in smaller size

Another useful tool is DVD Shrink

Trust me, in 10 years of hacking DVD no one movie resisted to these applications

16. nike

Jun 19, 2011

by now we tried every avaliable ripper, including DVD-fab and shrink with latest versions - but everything failed on this disk - while the programs worked well with every other movie we tried it.
    the technical problem is the - for copy-protection not very usual - special of starforce:
    it "measures" physical parameters on the disk and prevents their re-creation/the copying, according to some experienced people the program additionally uses "black lists" of rippers or virtual drive programs - and we didn't found how how to get around that.
    some bugs in starforce seem to be a problem too, virtuous crackers made several protected games usable with self-written patches, working well on later versions of starforce - but still failing on older ones - due to the bugs?

thanks gobblez, yours my favorite parcel service - we'll try your package this eve... :ecouteurs:

17. builttolast

Nov 3, 2011

Any updates?

18. thrashwitch666

thrashwitch666 Member Forum Member

Dec 14, 2011

All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace
    http://vimeo.com/25966415

A series of films about how humans have been colonised by the machines they have built. Although we don't realise it, the way we see everything in the world today is through the eyes of the computers.
    This is the story of the dream that rose up in the 1990s that computers could create a new kind of stable world. They would bring about a new kind global capitalism free of all risk and without the boom and bust of the past. They would also abolish political power and create a new kind of democracy through the internet where millions of individuals would be connected as nodes in cybernetic systems - without hierarchy.
    The film tells the story of two perfect worlds. One is the small group of disciples around the novelist Ayn Rand in the 1950s. They saw themselves as a prototype for a future society where everyone could follow their own selfish desires. The other is the global utopia that digital entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley set out to create in the 1990s. Many of them were also disciples of Ayn Rand. They believed that the new computer networks would allow the creation of a society where everyone could follow their own desires, yet there would not be anarchy. They were joined by Alan Greenspan who had also been a disciple of Ayn Rand. He became convinced that the computers were creating a new kind of stable capitalism - "Like a New Planet", he said.
    But the dream of stability in both worlds would be torn apart by the two dynamic human forces - love and power.

19. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    That's what they get for following a complete moron like Ayn Rand... :ecouteurs:

20. outasite

outasite New Member New Member

Jul 3, 2013

Have a look at AppGeeker DVD Ripper, Most DVD's I've been able to rip to my hard disk with this software.
    You can also set the file size u want, i usually set it to 700mb for a movie, can save it in avi, mp4 format.
    They have a tutorial on the official site if you need it, its easy to use..
    http://www.ilikemall.com/convert/rip-dvd-to-mp4-mac.html
    Hope it works for you.