Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Steve ignorant's DVD

Discussion in 'REQUESTS' started by ungovernable, Oct 9, 2013.

1. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    I'm looking for Steve Ignorant's new DVD
    Usually i would buy it but there's no way i am giving a single dollar to Steve Ignorant. Browse the forum and read the topic about what happenned with Crass and Anarcho-Punk.net if you don't know what i'm talking about.

So, if someone have a copy of the dvd's i would really like to have them. Send me a PM if you do, don't post it on the forum or else Steve Ignorant and his capitalist friends will file a copyright complaint once again.

On another note, any idea how much money he will make out of Crass once again ? We need to add this to the sum of profit he made selling-out what was once non-profit music.

2. Stigma1984

Stigma1984 Member Forum Member

Dec 19, 2010

Hi Ungovernable, why do you want a copy if you don't agree with him doing the gigs? As far as him making money out of crass, why shouldn't he make some money out of music he created? How do you make your money? If you are a plummer should we tell you to fuck off when you fix a pipe, if you are a gardener should we tell you to fuck off after you have cut the lawn, if you sign on should we tell you to fuck off because you do fuck all? How do you make your money?? Or are you a rich fucker who lives off his family?

3. Stigma1984

Stigma1984 Member Forum Member

Dec 19, 2010

Why don't anarcho bands live in caves?

Why do we have to pay to see anarcho bands live? Why do we have to pay for their records? Why don't they live in caves or communes? Why don't they charge the same 'pay no more than' prices they were charging in 1981? Why did they eat salad from KFC when there were no other places open late at night so they could eat when on tour? Why do they have to be perfect fucking examples to internet warriors who worship them until they disagree with them scratching their arses? Why do dicks in their teens, 20's and 30's think that life is still exactly the same as it was in the late 70's and early 80's? Why do anarcho punks think that bands should write and record their music in professional studios and then sell it for DIY prices? Why didn't Penny Rimbaud try to kill Thatcher in 1984? Why do people expect free copies of Steve Ignorant DVD's when some of the proceeds are going to an independent lifeboat association who have no government funding? Why do some anarcho punks care about nothing but themselves and their own pockets?
    THE SCENE ONLY ASKS THAT YOU BUY WHAT RECORDS YOU CAN AFFORD AND ATTEND WHAT GIGS YOU CAN AFFORD TO ATTEND. YOU HAVE NO GUN TO YOUR HEADS. GET A FUCKING LIFE.

P.S. I went to all of the Steve Ignorant gigs at Shepherds Bush and bought the DVD's and am glad that money I spent is going to help Palling Life Boat Rescue to continue the work they are doing SAVING PEOPLES LIVES.......how many lives have you saved Ungovernable? Stop trying to divide the scene, you are cancer.

4. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Oh lord, we've had this discussion millions of times here why don't you just search the forum ? Crass was a band who claimed themselves that they refuse to make profit out of their music. They even went at war against other bands who made profits, even in their lyrics they bitch Sex Pistols and such. They built a reputation all around the image of being non-profit and all... If you don't see a contradiction with what Steve Ignorant is doing today then i seriously can't help you.

As for your questions about why i want to watch the DVD if i don't want to support him with my money then let me return you the question : because we, as anti-capitalist, are against the movie industry and hollywood, does that means that anarchists can't watch a pirated movie ?

Wouldn't you see the problem if i started Anarcho-Punk.net as a non-profit website, then acquired notoriety out of it and when it gets popular enough i return my vest and make a living out of it ? Wouldn't you feel scammed ?

Not your business. But let me tell you that i run a lot of anti-capitalist websites, i run a label, i release CD's and compilations and i even run a very popular t-shirts shop. I'm not making money out of it, and trust me i could make so much money with what i'm doing here that i could make a living out of it. But activism is not a fucking job.

"because i do fuck all" ? Are you fucking kidding me ? Who the fuck are you and what the fuck do you do that gives you the right to give me lessons ?

Once again, not your fucking business. Did i ask what's Steve Ignorant's job and what he does in his personnal life ? Do i care at all about his personnal life ? No.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
    I spent my teenage in prison for youth, then when i was released i left my dad's house at 16 years old, lived on the streets and sold weed to buy some food. I don't talk to my mother anymore and my dad is an alcoholic who lost everything because of his addiction. I spent my whole life living by myself. I live in a dirty appartement and i don't even have a car, is that what you call a "rich fucker" ?
    Want to know more, mr. inspector ?

That's the way Crass chosen to live when the band existed. Did anyone force them ? It's normal people are going to complaint if they return their vest after scamming us to believe they are something that they weren't. If it was possible to be a non-profit band during the 80' then why isn't it possible anymore ? Why does he absolutly needs crass to get money ? He's too lazy to get a real work ? He prefers to live out of the sales of remastered editions of what was once a NON-PROFIT band ?

Hahahaha so your point is that since i don't save live i have no right to critise the punk heroes you've put on pedestral ? You're a fucking dumbass.

Your just the typical fanboy who worship his punk heroes. You registered here only to lick crass' asses and you're still doing it 2 years after it. People like you who refuse to question his heroes is what killed punk.

Enough time wasted with you, troll. Bye.

5. Havran

Havran Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 22, 2012
     Czech Republic
    Stigma, you can't be serious, comparing regular jobs, like plumbers, gardeners, whatever to playing in an anarcho band? Music, at least our music, is not a fucking bussiness.

6. NoGodsNoMasters38

NoGodsNoMasters38 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 17, 2013

Stigma, cut the crap. It's one thing to disagree with Ungovernable, but assuming that he's rich is just ignorant.

7. Rebellious twit

Rebellious twit Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 21, 2012

Fanboyism/fangirlism is a frequent problem for most of this scene unfortunatly...the ironic thing about this is that Crass were singing about selling out and shit :lmao:

8. robbo

robbo New Member New Member

Oct 19, 2013

Re: Why don't anarcho bands live in caves?

The problem I have with bands like crass selling out is that people bought into what they were saying. They said that their music was everyones music. They said they spoke on behalf of US.So when they sell out their not just selling their souls to the devil their selling us out and I for one am not ok with that.