Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Youth Of Today - Break Down The Walls

Discussion in 'Anarcho-Punk music albums downloads' started by aint ashamed, Feb 9, 2024.

1. aint ashamed

aint ashamed Experienced Member Experienced member

Aug 22, 2010
    Male
     United States
    [dl][/dl]

Attached Files:

Spike one of many likes this.

RECORD INFORMATION

Break Down The Walls
    Release Date : 1986

Recorded Autumn '86. 1st press on black vinyl in a blue, red and white sleeve. It included a folded insert with lyrics & band-pictures / infos. Runouts are etched, except for MASTERED BY CAPITOL, which is stamped. Eddy Schreyer's signature is etched on top of the MASTERED BY CAPITOL stamp. Later repressed on black vinyl in a [url=http://www.discogs.com/Youth-Of-Today-Break-Down-The-Walls/releas
    LISTEN ON YOUTUBE FIND VIDEOS MORE DOWNLOADS

Youth Of Today Biography

American hardcore punk band formed in Danbury, Connecticut, in 1985, disbanded in 1990 and reformed in 1994, 1999, 2003 and 2010. The band played a major role in establishing the "Youth Crew" subculture of hardcore, with straight edge and vegetarian lifestyles.

Current line-up:
    Ray Cappo – vocals (1985–1990, 1994, 1999, 2004, 2010–present)
    John Porcelly – guitar (1985–1990, 1994, 1999, 2004, 2010–present)
    Sammy Siegler – drums (1987–1990, 1994, 1999, 2004, 2016–present)
    Walter Schreifels – bass (1987–1990, 1994, 2016–present)

Former members:
    Richie Birkenhead – guitar (1986–1987)
    Graham Phillips – bass (1985–1986)
    Craig Setari – bass (1986–1987)
    Lukey Luke – bass (1987)
    Tim Brooks – bass (1999)
    Ken Olden – bass (2004, 2010–2016)
    Darren Pesce – drums (1985–1986)
    Tommy Carroll – drums (1986)
    Kevin Seconds – drums (1986)
    Drew Thomas – drums (1986–1987)
    Mike "Judge" – drums (1987)
    Vinny Panza – drums (2010–2016)
    Steve Reddy – vocals (For one show in 1987. Ray played bass, Walter broke his ankle before the show)
    ---

Seminal Connecticut straight edge hardcore punk band Youth Of Today were pivotal in the mid-'80s youth crew scene and are still regarded amongst new and old fans alike as one of the finest hardcore bands to ever exist. The original line up consisted of Ray Cappo (vocals), John Porcelly (guitar), Graham Philips (bass) and Darren Pesce (drums), but the line up changed several times to include musicians such as Craig Setari (bass) and Tom Carroll (drums) of Straight Ahead, Drew Thomas (drums) of Crippled Youth (to later be known as Bold), Mike Judge (drums) who went on to form Judge alongside Porcelly, and Walter Schreifels (bass) of Gorilla Biscuits, with Cappo remaining on vocals throughout.

Youth Of Today split in 1990 after releasing two studio albums and two 7" EPs, but have since reformed several times for reunion shows. Frontman Ray Cappo went on to form Hare Krishna bands Shelter (with Porcelly on guitar) and Better Than A Thousand, and would later cause controversy in the straight edge scene after being seen drinking a glass of wine in Italy while on tour.

Read More...
    Disclaimer: this biography was gathered automatically through an external music database and could be inaccurate. We don't control the information found here.

Label - Wishingwell Records

Hardcore Punk label started in 1985, by a528937 and a528936 (both of a281032/a261714), to release the debut for Uniform Choice. Originally distributed through l106044, they later made a deal with the Giant Records (2) in 1988 and released their last record in 1989 (until a one-off collaborated release for a6722689 which featured Longrie on drums). At the time of their dissolving in 1989, they had at least two releases scheduled. The first being an LP by Southern California melodic hardcore outfit a353952 which made it to the test pressing stage before the label ended and the second being a compilation titled, "A Changing of the Leaves" which did not make it past a handful of bands recording.
    Read More...
  2. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    Yeyeyeah, awesome! thanks mate!! Double post? Twice as nice! :D

aint ashamed likes this.
  3. aint ashamed

Aug 22, 2010
    Male
     United States
    So Yeah Mate, Mr. Dumdum Here Thought The First Attempt To Post Didn't Take. My Bad,
    I Realize Now, That I Didn't Allow Sufficient Time For APN Processing. To Boot I Have More
    Tracks To Post. My Method Of Track Posting Limits Me To 10 Tracks At A Time

4. aint ashamed

Aug 22, 2010
    Male
     United States
    Youth Of Today - Break Down The Walls Part 2
    :a: aint ashamed :antifa:

Attached Files:

5. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Ah yes, that happens sometimes. You see those bars moving but it appears to be stuck and doesn't refresh the page but it does in fact post it. I'll tell you what you do then: just click any of the new posts on the right hand side and click on open in new tab and you should see it displayed in the new posts.

aint ashamed likes this.
  6. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    I'm not actually sure if you can click on anything on that page when it appears stuck like that but when I upload something I normally open a new tab to do that, so when that happens I can just go to my previous tab and do the above process from there. Just to make sure it actually did post. Hope I'm not confusing you.

aint ashamed likes this.
  7. aint ashamed

Aug 22, 2010
    Male
     United States
    Thanks Much Mate! I Appreciate Your Help, And Eventually I'll Not Only Accomplish
    The End Game, But Look Like I Know What I'm Doing In The Process. I'm Determined
    To Get This Down, Cause I've Got A Lot I Want To Share. Besides All Your Help, Thanks
    Much For All Your Awesome Uploads. Sorry I've Fallen Behind As Far As Reviews Go.
    :a: aint ashamed :antifa:

17 members have read this thread this month

1. aint ashamed
  2. Spike one of many
  3. bruski
  4. zabza79
  5. Rune
  6. pedrodalion
  7. TreyofToday
  8. CameraBag
  9. Agent Left Wing