Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

What are you listening to?

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by punkdude, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    I actually even googled that phrase cos I thought it might be some kind of American expression I wasn't familiar with but I didn't get any results. I thought maybe I'm just daft, lol.

EDIT: In that context it didn't quite make sense to me :)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2024
  2. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Very nice. He makes all his music in Cubase (most of it). Yeah, the 'von' makes it sound kinda noble for some reason, lol. It's very common though. But yeah, it sounds cool ;)

3. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    I've got something more chill

4. Rune

Rune Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 7, 2023
    Female
    Western Australia, Australia  Australia
    Yeah lol. Chill is good. But I got my favourite Muse song today.

5. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Wow, I love that animation. It reminds me of the Thunderbirds animations, but better!

Hmm, what do I post today...? I think I'll just post something I've just uploaded. That's not cheating, since I was listening to it and I'll listen to it again shortly :)

6. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Yeah, it's the same everywhere, mate... at least in most of the world. You can't escape that shit. North Korea might be an exception, although I'm sure Kim Jong Un listens to Beyonce types. We're on the same page, but like I said, my ineptness at reading caused a bit of confusion. Sorry about that :)

aint ashamed likes this.
  7. Rune

Jul 7, 2023
    Female
    Yeah, I just love the song. It still counts lol. Got AURORA again.

8. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    I'll reply to both of you guys' posts in the same post.

Rune: I'm liking the song even more after having seen the movie. It comes in during a very cool scene. I also liked that music overall in the movie is very sparse (if I remember correctly there are only 2 instances where music kicks in). I can hear a bit of Pink Floyd in the song - just before the chorus.

Richard: Here's a video of why that kind of music and their performers suck, along with the entire mainstream commercial music industry. It's told from a pretty objective, general point of view. I saw a video very similar to this one a few years ago. There are actually quite a lot of them on youtube now. It's also interesting that this video has received almost half a million likes. Is that good? I don't know. It's had 12 million views so far. I guess most of the mainstream pop fans don't agree; or don't care; or are too brainwashed (yeah, that is a term he uses in the video but it's also true) to even understand the implications.

aint ashamed likes this.
  9. aint ashamed

aint ashamed Experienced Member Experienced member

Aug 22, 2010
    Male
     United States
    Thanks For This. Will Be Back Soon With Some Follow Up. Time Constraints
    Right Now.

10. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    No problem!
    This band's name fits our theme:

And here's a little gem, also from Finland:

aint ashamed likes this.
  11. sebas

sebas Active Member Forum Member

Aug 7, 2022
    Quebec, Canada  Canada
    INDUSTRY
    A Self Portrait At The Stage Of Totalitarian Domination Of All Aspects Of Human Life

Pretty damn good

Spike one of many likes this.
  12. Rune

Jul 7, 2023
    Female
    Yeah, Cartoon Saloon kept it pretty sparse as their storytelling is more through their art rather than music. Got another movie song today too, but not Wolfwalkers.

13. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Regarding the likes to views ratio on youtube, I gave that a bit of thought. I think the number of views are actually a more important indicator than the number of likes received since the percentage of likes is always relatively low (in this case it's roughly 4%) for various and legitimate reasons (just because someone doesn't click the like button doesn't necessarily mean they don't like it. Happens to me all too often as well since I mostly download the videos and then it's too much of a mission to go back just to give it a like :p).
    (And to determine whether that 4% is in fact high or low one would need to know the average % across the (youtube) board.) So by and large I think it is better to go by the number of views rather than the likes received.
    I've got a goth/ punk band (or punk/ goth band if you prefer), Nervous Trend from Australia. They've got some pretty good lyrics too. I actually uploaded them a long time ago. I think I might re-up them since that link is long dead.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
  14. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Yep :)
    And also less is sometimes more!

15. Rune

Jul 7, 2023
    Female
    Yeah definitely lol. Got one of my favorite Of Monsters and Men songs today.

16. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Ah yes, I remember that one. Yeah it kinda grows on you. Unfortunately the opposite is true regarding the bees. At least they don't need to declare war on each other, haha.

I've got two songs from the land of pizza, spaghetti & meatballs, 'Ndrangheta, and Negazione today.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2024
  17. Rune

Jul 7, 2023
    Female
    Yeah, I think that has something to do with Icelandic mythology. Got Mourning Ritual's cover of one of my favourite songs.

18. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    That's a nice cover except it builds up all this tension and I'm just waiting for it to explode at some point but it never fucking happens. Grrrr.

I've got some classic stuff today.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2024
  19. Rune

Jul 7, 2023
    Female
    Awww lol. Nice classic stuff. Got a weird furry one today.

20. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    My turn to post a wolf song. I guess you could call it furry too :D

A lot of good songs on this album and choosing just one would've been tough, but the intro of this song blends so nicely with the wolf song that the choice was clear.

59 members have read this thread this month

1. ScheckyOnly
  2. Anarchowithoutcapitalism
  3. Todo Roto
  4. dirtbag161
  5. Arnold Malone
  6. Spasmolytic
  7. Abdul-Hadi
  8. Living Dirt
  9. wrathchild
  10. Gaffen
  11. delirio punk