Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

The other band callled Tragedy

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by costofliving, Aug 4, 2023.

1. costofliving

costofliving New Member New Member

Jun 26, 2022
    At Work, United States  United States
    Every time I search for Tragedy, another band comes up that formed in 2008 and plays "heavy metal" covers of BeeGees songs. It's like the exact opposite of the band I'm looking for. it's gimmicky butt rock. Why didn't these steel panther parasites google the name before they chose it? Youtube will even through in one of their god awful songs when you let it play the real Tragedy playlist.
    Honestly this bugs the fuck out of me, and I just needed to get it off my chest. I would say I hope they change their name but they would probably land on His Hero is Gone as a new name.
    It's a simple name, it's just a word, but there are plenty of those to go around.
    if you hate yourself here is their website: Tragedy: All Metal Tribute to the Bee Gees & Beyond – Internet City DECIMATED!

It's like typing in Aus Rotten and getting an ABBA jock rock band

2. Charger Bullet

Charger Bullet Experienced Member Experienced member

Feb 9, 2018
    Male
    Texas, United States  United States
    That is why I sometimes hate the internet and the lazy fucks that just upload wrong information.

A few years ago I was ready to go see The Varukers when they came to town one night. I was looking up various clubs in the area for upcoming shows and seen Crucifix was playing on the same night as Varukers but on the other side of town. I would have figured it was just another band with the same name but the website had a small picture of the Punk band Crucifix with their logo. There were a lot of older bands reforming so thought nothing of it - but I did find it odd that whoever booked the two bands didn't put them on the same venue.

I made the decision to go see Crucifix over Varukers and drove on down there. When I got there I got an uneasy feeling when I seen a large tour bus parked out front and seen some lame rednecks going in. I asked the door guy which Crucifix was playing and he said the southern blues rock shit band, or something. (Well, he didn't say "shit band" but that is what I then thought.) I still got to see Varukers but still pissed off for wasting my time.

Don't ever trust anything you read or see on the internet. Not just because of the purposeful misinformation and propaganda but because there are tons of incompetent and stupid people out there. Any bozo can upload anything, and apparently they do.

3. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    LOL!! Sorry for laughing. Luckily that's never happened to me but I can sympathise :D
    At least you still got to see the Varukers.

4. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    I find a good way to avoid that is to type "punk" after the name in the search, eg Tragedy punk.

5. costofliving

costofliving New Member New Member

Jun 26, 2022
    At Work, United States  United States
    This definitely works. I think this band keeps getting me because they spam tags, but either way it's not actually a big deal. It just keeps happening and made me rant. Hopefully some of their fans are getting some bonus guttural Todd Burdette vocals as a surprise as well.

Spike one of many likes this.
  6. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    When I was very young I was fan of a band from France called Ab Irato and I saw a show near my hometown with a band called Ab Irato so of course I went to the show thinking I was seeing the band from France but then I was confused why they weren't playing my favorite songs... I even asked them to play a song from the other band like an idiot. Only after the show I realized that there was another punk band called Ab Irato in Quebec and this is the one i just saw... LOL

I still ended up discovering a great local band and saw them at many other shows. At least it wasn't a southern blues rock band haha

costofliving likes this.

9 members have read this thread this month

1. costofliving
  2. Charger Bullet
  3. Rune
  4. aint ashamed
  5. Spike one of many
  6. Idiamin
  7. Starfighter
  8. ungovernable
  9. Bernard Black