Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

"proof" that god exsists rant

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by chaos-ad, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Ivanovich

Ivanovich Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 31, 2010

So god exists? Can someone give me his email, I got a few complaints I'd like to submit. god@everywhere.com don't seem to work.

2. Marzz

Marzz Experienced Member Experienced member

Apr 27, 2010

I personally believe in a higher being/God. Does this mean I don't qualify to believe in a anarchist society? I personally find a sense of relief in the idea and life isn't completely pointless and maybe we were put here for some reason by some high being. That doesn't mean i'm apathetic towards the happenings of the world, I think just because I believe in "God" that doesn't mean everyone does and a lot of people feel that God dosen't exist, and for them the world is their only concept of existence (no heaven or anything) and I think that i'm stuck here I might as well improve on my place and the future for generations after us. I'm not homophobic, I have family members and friends who are homosexual and i love them dearly. I'm not racist, I have friends and family of multiple races and I love them dearly. I'm not sexist at all either. I love people of all beliefs. If someone truly wants to help the world around them and cares and loves, then why is it so bad to have the belief that maybe you were created by a spiritual being?

3. Ivanovich

Ivanovich Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 31, 2010

Why do you need a higher being to give you a reason for living? Why can't the 'point to life' just come from you?

4. @narcho-Skinhooligan

@narcho-Skinhooligan Experienced Member Experienced member

Nov 25, 2011

I use to be a big believer. Now I am just a recently born again Agnostic who moves closer & closer to Atheism as each day passes. If one seriously looks at ALL the religions esp. the Abrahamic faiths of Judaism, Christianity, & Islam. One finds them completely & totally False. One WOULD think an All-knowing & All powerful, not to mention an all compassionate "God" would: 1. have at least a basic understanding of science & math(for the Christian trinity idea of three in one one in three is so absurd even a 1st. grader finds it baffling & stupid) 2. if "God" was so All powerful then why the need for blood sacrifices. 3. if this "God" is so god damn compassionate why comdemn homosexuality as unnatural then make it so universal in the animal kingdom. Why make it a part of so many peoples genetics, then burn them in "hell" for making them that way. A part of me wonders all this. Obviously the Monotheistic "God" Yaweh, the trinity, & Allah is a sad & sick fucking joke. & don't let me even get into his fucking "Prophets" what a worthless bunch of sick twisted hypocrite assholes. I respect peoples right to faith some people are very good believers & show the world the good side of faith. But most don't. For me now I am thru with fuckin fables & fairy tales. Now I no longer have to feel guilty & like I am going to burn in hell for my sometimes rather strong misanthropic tendencies & antisocial worldviews. God ha! What a bad joke. It is true NO GODS NO MASTERS! But i will say this, I think someone can believe in a God or Gods & still be an Anarchist. I have no problem fighting for a peoples right to their faith as long as it is NOT ass backwards!

5. Marzz

Marzz Experienced Member Experienced member

Apr 27, 2010

I simply think that if someone likes the idea of a faith to motivate them to act then that is ok. As long as it dosen't hold anyone back and dosen't create conflict (which is all it seems to create)

6. @narcho-Skinhooligan

@narcho-Skinhooligan Experienced Member Experienced member

Nov 25, 2011

i agree comrade do what is right for you.

7. grinding hault

grinding hault Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 4, 2012

The god that most contemporary christians worship is satan, and most contemporary christians are collectively what they would call the anti-christ. They are everything that is opposite to christ. judgmental, homophobic, xenophobic, they dont know the meaning of unconditional love, and are more full of hate than most people I know. ANTI-Christ.

Of course this doesn't apply to all christians but I'd say atleast a good majority.

Personally I think that god has no gender, and is at the center of everything from the atom to the entire universe. We are god trying to teach itself lessons by experiencing itself subjectively and marveling at itself manifesting in every moment. In other words the universe is god masturbating in a room full of mirrors.
    But my beliefs don't and shouldn't matter because they're specific to me. So I'm just gonna go ahead and say fuck modern christianity. \m/

8. squabblez

squabblez Member New Member

Jan 3, 2012

Educate. Do you really need your e-punk points.

9. Danarchy

Danarchy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 16, 2012
     Canada
    Let's see, who wrote the Catholic bible? Roman Emperor Constantine. Why? Cause he was having a hell of a time holding the Empire together and needed a single unifying force. Bias about what went in the bible, I think so. Who wrote the King James Bible...hmmmmm...I'll go out on a limb and say King James. Why? Cause the Pope wouldn't grant him a divorce and he needed religious backing to keep his throne. How many translation typo's and books from the early Christians were left out, mistranslated.

There were crazy radical christians that lived as JC (did or did not say depending on your personal views) the Celtic Christian priests lived in caves, wore rags and ate in a simple hunter/ gatherer fashion. They lived specifically as they preached and adopted many Celtic pagan practices (holy trinity, anyone) how else would the fine men and women of Ireland accept Christianity without a single martyr. The problem was not with the simple faith but the enforcement of the Roman Catholic Church as the Church of David (or Peter not entirely sure) who said that only those who enter through the gates of his church may enter heaven. The Pope is supposedly the spiritual reincarnation of David (or Peter, whichever). Had they Celtic Christians continued rather than Roman Catholics maybe we wouldn't have Evangelicals, maybe preachers wouldn't wear $5000.00 suits or drive a $90,0000.00 Lexus that they bought with money from people who can barely afford to eat. Each phase of divisions of the christian faithful from the Eastern Orthodox/ Roman Catholic split to Luther to King James tore apart the bible, rewrote and retranslated it.

I prefer to marvel at the magnificence of nature in all her glory, welcome the rays of the sun in all his force and leave the imaginary fairies to the hippies. :ecouteurs: Oh yeah, proof god exists, History Channel Ancient Aliens, god/ gods were from another planet and the pyramids are really big microwave generators. :ecouteurs:

10. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWTQmnrZiyg&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

11. Derek Danger

Derek Danger Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 29, 2010

You're thinking of King Henry VIII, and the Church of England. Incidentally, he didn't re-write the bible (mainly because he didn't have to). The Anglican Church already existed as a part of Catholocism, Henry just split the Church from Rome in order to be able to ignore certain parts of the scripture for his own ends.

The King James bible, on the other hand, is simply the most popular English language translation of the mainstream Christian scripture. And King James didn't "write" a single word. He convened a committee of scripture experts to produce a more accurate translation of the source text, after it occurred that some passages had not been translated properly or with the drama and power they needed. Check your facts before you get righteous. :)

12. Sick Boy 77

Sick Boy 77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Mar 29, 2010

If you believe in a creator but not the Christian one or one of another religion then you are a Deist. Agnostics are split between the two. Is there one? There might not be. There might be. That is is their position on things. They had a really good South Park episode about it.

13. grinding hault

Jan 4, 2012

True agnosticism isn't just limited to religious beliefs. It can be applied to reality as a whole. A true agnostic doesn't believe anything, but also doesn't disbelieve anything. It's a mindset used by some of the most intelligent and open minded people, in order to continue exploring not just their reality, but all realities. Once you start believing or disbelieving things all thought processes tied to the subject cease, meaning you choose not to explore any further because you think you have it all figured out. Therefore agnostics seek to avoid succumbing to the intellectual dead ends that result from either believing or disbelieving.

"I'm agnostic but I believe (or don't believe) in..." <---- oxymoron

14. Derek Danger

Jan 29, 2010

Don't go tossing around terms like "true agnosticism". If you wanna be elitist about something, choose something that makes sense please. If somebody is strictly agnostic about religion then good for them. If they wanna be agnostic about aliens then that's also their business. Point is agnosticism refers to a wide range of systems of thought, and each one may be distinct from the others and still not what you consider "true" agnosticism. Some forms of agnosticism that are no more "true" than any other even conflict with other
    forms of agnosticism. Take agnostic atheism and agnostic theism. Two not-specifically-compatible systems that are both properly agnostic in structure.

Who died and made you the god of people who neither believe nor disbelieve in gods?

15. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

[​IMG]

16. grinding hault

Jan 4, 2012

If I hadn't typed the word "true" before "agnosticism" would you still have freaked out? I was simply explaining MY understanding of the intellectual aspect of agnosticism, which, by the way, can easily pertain to any aforementioned forms of agnosticism. Take from it what you will, I'm not the authority on it. Jeez la-weez.

17. Derek Danger

Jan 29, 2010

I might have still "freaked out". What you call "freaking out" I call intellectual discourse. Take from that what you will. Maybe you just don't like to be engaged in discussion?

But the real problem with your whole statement was ALL THE WORDS YOU USED. At no point did you indicate that it was simply your understanding or that you got an impression. You just started saying bullshit and asserting it as fact the whole way through, AS IF YOU WERE an authority.

If you want to speak "intellectually", and aren't an "authority" on the subject, avoiding prefacing statements with "true", and detailing your understanding as fact. Unless you want to appear arrogant about the subject on which you're professing (and incidentally, you did lay out some bullshit rules of agnosticism such as
    which did sound as arrogant as they were poorly-informed), avoid beginning your statement with an assertion of truth, especially when it refers to an abstract concept you haven't fully understood!

18. grinding hault

Jan 4, 2012

I will admit I probably chose my words poorly and I apologize for immediately jumping into ego defense mode. After carefully re-reading my original post I can see what you're getting at. I just consider myself to be agnostic in nearly every sense of the word and I try to apply it to everything so as to not unconsciously sensor out information that could potentially broaden my perception of any given subject. I've also been known to get preachy when other people start throwing around the word "agnostic" so please forgive my seemingly intellectual bigotry. It's just that agnosticism, to me, is a very broad and infinitely enlightening way of thinking. I only meant to bring to light the paradox of believing something while claiming to be agnostic about it. To me only the objective can be believed with certainty. I've witnessed countless people fall victim to dogmatic belief systems by either believing or disbelieving the subjective. So again, nevermind my apparent elitist attitude in the beginning. I, by no means, meant to claim my view of agnosticism to be the true view, although my word choice said otherwise.

19. The Freakboi

The Freakboi Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 8, 2011

Just because you don't want to follow a God wouldn't be a reason to not believe in one. I don't believe in God because I haven't seen any evidence that he/she/it exists, not because I disagree with him/her/it. I mean, I disagree with basically every politician, but that doesn't mean that I don't believe that politicians exist because, well, they do.

20. Bonez

Bonez Member New Member

Jan 22, 2013

From the Greek:
    Agnostic: “without knowledge”
    Atheist or atheos is: “without gods”
    Anarchist or anarchos is: "without rulers"
    The etymology and meaning of agnostic and atheist do not seem exclusive from anarchism.
    Personally I am an atheist, I do not believe in the existence of a god or a creator. As a sceptic I am an agnostic, I cannot prove, either way, the existence of or lack of a god regardless what I feel personally. As an anarchist I do not really care what anyone else thinks or believes in as long as they do not try to impose their dogma or belief system on me.
    Defining these terms seemed important. I read earlier on in the discussion some misunderstandings and misinterpretations. The meanings of these words are huge. Maybe it would be a good idea to take each one on individually. This is my first post and I am sorry if this has already been covered but I could not read through every post.