Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

German Neurotic Arseholes - Angst (1985)

Discussion in 'International anarcho-punk downloads' started by Spike one of many, Oct 8, 2023.

1. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    This is the 2nd LP by NEUROTIC ARSEHOLES. It supposedly wasn't as well received as their first album for some reason but it's not a popularity contest and some people prefer this one to their first. In the end it's all down to personal preference anyway. Some personal favourites: Du Russe, Zeit Für Übermorgen, Was Für Ein Stern and Das Ist Ein Überfall.
    But here's a review from a really great blog: WhyDoThingsHaveToChange that's still active today and by someone who knows this band much better than I do:

"Another highlight of German Punk are the Neurotic Arseholes [Zombie (vocals), Kurt (guitars), Zahnie (bass), Der Kurze (drums)] from Minden who already shone with their debut on Aggressive Rockproduktionen in 1983 and the change to Weird System was the right step. If the debut was quickly & unprofessional recorded in a few days, the four of them reaped more time and understanding from the Hamburgers for the second album so that the production sounds smoother and cleaner and it turned into a masterpiece. I can still sing along to all of the lyrics today. For me, in any case the best album by the Arseholes. The band, whose three albums have now become popular classics of German punk, never saw themselves as a professional or commercial band. Kurt composed and wrote most of the lyrics. The first album consisted of all sorts of song material that had accumulated since the band was founded. The second album is, in the broadest sense, an album which was made up with a few pieces that were created spontaneously in the studio. The concerts of the 1980s took place mainly in youth centers and autonomous centers for minimal fees. Even during the last tour in 1998, the musicians had no ambitions to pursue a further career with the project. Zahni in an interview from 1998: "The concerts have all been great so far, but we don't have to overstrain it either and I don't want to let it get to the point where people start saying it would be better if we didn't have another one did." Thirteen catchy & timeless nuggets features Angst, an album that my earpieces can delight at any time and is a long-running on my phone. Duty Stuff!"

[​IMG]

01 Intro.MP3
    02 Land In Sicht.MP3
    03 Du Russe.MP3
    04 Peter's Spiel.MP3
    05 Blutige Gesichter.MP3
    06 Kein Tag Ohne Liebe.MP3
    07 Ce Soir.MP3
    08 Eckensteher.MP3
    09 Zeit Für Übermorgen.MP3
    10 Was Für Ein Stern.MP3
    11 Das Ist Ein Überfall.MP3
    12 Ware Mensch.MP3
    13 Outro.MP3

DOWNLOAD FULL ALBUM

Online This file is hosted on our own dedicated server. Fast download, no ads, no bullshit!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2023

RECORD INFORMATION

Angst
    Release Date : 1985

Released with printed inner sleeve and hand numbered cover. Weird System WS013 (P)&(C)1985 Also released as [r1842308] in white vinyl.
    LISTEN ON YOUTUBE FIND VIDEOS MORE DOWNLOADS

Neurotic Arseholes Biography

German punk band from Minden, active from 1979 to 1986 and with multiple reunion show from 1989 to 1998.
    ---

The Neurotic Arseholes were a german punk band from the town Minden active from the beginnng to the mid of the 80s. They mostly sang in German but also some songs in English. Their fist LP ...bis zum bitteren Ende was released on the Aggressive Rockproduktionen Label in 1983. The songs on this album represent a fast melodic catchy style that makes the album to one of the most popular punk releases in Germany although the lyrics are often depressive. The band managed to release a 2nd album in 1985 called "Angst". It did not reach the popularity of the first one. The band broke up short time later. A post hum live LP "all die Jahre" left as their last work. The bass player founded a new band - the drowning roses that was more a hardcore punk band. The complete material the Neurotic Arseholes ever recorded had been reissued on one CD recently.

Read More...
    Disclaimer: this biography was gathered automatically through an external music database and could be inaccurate. We don't control the information found here.

Label - Weird System

German Punk label based in Hamburg, founded in 1982.

LC 9079

2 members have read this thread this month

1. Spike one of many
  2. Rune