Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

My NEFAC Statement

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by Vegan_Who_Wears_Leather, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Vegan_Who_Wears_Leather

Vegan_Who_Wears_Leather Active Member Forum Member

Jun 16, 2010

What is anarchism? The first thing that comes to peoples minds when they think about anarchism is chaos, violence, disorder or terrorsim. This couldn't be farther from the truth as to what anarchism really is. There are also misconceptions about communism. when people think about communism, they think about the totaltarian regimes of Josef Stalin, Mao Zedong or Pol Pot. These examples also couldn't be farther from the truth as to what communism really is.

This is what I've written so far for my NEFAC statement. Any thoughts on it or NEFAC?

Here's NEFACs website in case you haven't heard of them or are interested:
    http://www.nefac.net

2. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    NAFAC = platformists sectarians

Read Errico Malatesta's critique of platformism.

Anarchist organisations should always be synthesists.

3. Vegan_Who_Wears_Leather

Vegan_Who_Wears_Leather Active Member Forum Member

Jun 16, 2010

NEFAC isn't exclusively platformist. Although NEFAC is influenced by platformism, the Providence NEFAC, which my friends are part of, is more influenced by syndicalism, due to the fact that most of the Providence NEFAC are in the IWW. Also you don't have to agree with the platform to be a member or supporter of NEFAC.

About Malatesta's critique of platformism, it was an issue of wording(which may have been mistranslated on purpose considering Voline, who was against the platform, did some of the translation).

"In my reply to Makhno I already said: "It may be that, by the term collective responsibility, you mean the agreement and solidarity that must exist among the members of an association. And if that is so, your expression would, in my opinion, amount to an improper use of language, and therefore, being only a question of words, we would be closer to understanding each other."

And now, reading what the comrades of the 18e say, I find myself more or less in agreement with their way of conceiving the anarchist organisation (being very far from the authoritarian spirit which the "Platform" seemed to reveal) and I confirm my belief that behind the linguistic differences really lie identical positions."
    -Errico Malatesta