Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Is it possible to make a crust/hardcore/street punk band with out drums?

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by Freak, Aug 26, 2023.

1. Freak

Freak New Member New Member

Jul 25, 2023
    Catalonia  Spain
    Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to do that, because I'm trying to make a band, but I don't know any person who plays drums, so I would like to know if it's possible to make a band without them

2. Chris Meitanis

Chris Meitanis Member Forum Member

Dec 13, 2022
    Male , 17 years old
    Athens,Greece  Greece
    I don't think so. Post a request for band members on your local relevant website or something like that.

aint ashamed likes this.
  3. aint ashamed

aint ashamed Experienced Member Experienced member

Aug 22, 2010
    Male
     United States
    Yeah I Would Keep Looking For A Drummer. Find A Scene, Walk The Streets, Ask Around,
    Check Posted Billings. And Yes You May Find Your Drummer Performing right On The
    Street live For You. I'll Never Forget Visiting New Orleans, Walking Down Bourban Street,
    And Heard A Number Of Kids Pounding On Make-Shift Drum Kits. Some Of Them Were
    REALLY GOOD. Point Being, Check All Possibilities. :a: aint ashamed :antifa:

4. blosSsom

blosSsom New Member New Member

Jun 17, 2022
    New York, United States  United States
    anything is possible... i assume you're not talking about using beat boxing, samples, or a drum machine? so try jamming with guitar, bass, and vocals and see what comes out. maybe use the bass grooves and rhythm guitar to set the tempo. a lot of screamed vocals are very rhythmic anyway too, so there will be some percussive sounds happening, altho this is a pretty "experimental" approach, especially for a genre like "street punk," but stranger things have happened. n ecessity is the mother of invention.

but a lot of bands have also started out by just asking somebody with no experience whatsoever to bang on pots, pans, boxes, trash cans, whatever, until they were able to find/afford drums... just saying.

aint ashamed likes this.
  5. aint ashamed

aint ashamed Experienced Member Experienced member

Aug 22, 2010
    Male
     United States
    Yes! Anything IS Possible, EXCEPT Anything Artificial! :a: aint ashamed :antifa:

10 members have read this thread this month

1. Freak
  2. Chris Meitanis
  3. Rune
  4. Charger Bullet
  5. Dacifer
  6. aint ashamed
  7. Frankiepointless
  8. blosSsom
  9. Spike one of many
  10. Bunnybobiohazard