Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Avril Lavigne is one of us!!!

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by ungovernable, Nov 23, 2023.

1. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Avril Lavigne turn up at a 'high prestige' fashion event in Hollywood sporting a Zounds patch, Corrosion of Conformity and "all the arms we need" anarchy&equality patch

:'D:'D:'D:'D:'D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    Ha! ol' crusty Lavigne eh. Now if she'd only done a middle finger pose :p

3. Starfighter

Starfighter d(^_^)b Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male , 38 years old
    Malmö, Sweden  Sweden
    I wonder why they're so fascinated with underground punk all of a sudden. A few celebrities have been sporting Anti Cimex stuff as well.

4. Rune

Rune Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 7, 2023
    Female
    Western Australia, Australia  Australia
    Wasn't expecting that from her, especially after Hello Kitty.

5. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Yep, I never understood this trend... Kayne West, Beyoncé, Chris Brown, Kim Kardashian, Angelina Jolie and many others I forgot were seen wearing punk vests.

Some of them look authentic with real patches of real anarcho-punk bands while others are completely fake and made by luxury clothing brands. Like for example this $11,000 punk vest worn by Kim Kardashian:
    Kim Kardashian Pairs an $11,000 Leather Jacket With Biker Shorts

6. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    What? That's a $11,000 designer jacket? It looks like she could've nicked that jacket at a punk gig.
    EDIT: except for the ERD label. That's what makes it so expensive lol

Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
  7. Charger Bullet

Charger Bullet Experienced Member Experienced member

Feb 9, 2018
    Male
    Texas, United States  United States
    That's been going on for years now. I remember reading something someone posted that some of the custom jackets were from real punks that some fashion designer (or wardrobe designer or whoever) acquired and cleaned them up and presented them to certain celebrities (like Lady Gaga for one of her videos), or more likely copied and used for inspiration as their own brand of designer clothes.

It doesn't much matter to me, anyway. Even some real punks that dress like that now just use it as fashion themselves, but then just have mainstream views and lifestyles. Stuff like watching NFL, shopping at Wal*Mart, rooting for war, worshipping celebrities, etc. It used to be a long time ago where you would encounter someone with a shirt of a punk band or a pin on their jacket and find them to be relatable and share a sort of kinship almost immediately. It's pretty much meaningless, now.

12 members have read this thread this month

1. ungovernable
  2. Spike one of many
  3. imm_nott_realll
  4. Charger Bullet
  5. Starfighter
  6. Rune
  7. Ciberbitch
  8. aint ashamed
  9. Bunnybobiohazard
  10. soudou1917
  11. Roident