Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

anarchists and the environment

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by ampallang, Feb 4, 2010.

1. ampallang

ampallang Active Member Forum Member

Nov 12, 2009

So this has been annoying me...

I find so many anarchists really dont give a shit about the environment and are just buying into the system.
    Wasting so much crap, buying new things that you can get for free or used...
    Using the cheapest products.. that are ruining the planet...
    Not buying local..at all!!! .always using fucking coconut milk!!!
    Using plastic bags and even buying them....

e.g some people wanted some blankets i said i could get some for free and i would wash them, they said i can get them for around 4 euros from a shit store...
    we need to et soe garbage bags, but noone really uses the bin.. and its all covered by not just not use a bag... its just easier....

Can you go get some soy yoghurt? why, people like it in the soup... but its crazy expensive and from a shitty supermarket that over charges...

Needing to have 2 stereos because people cant share...

they are bad examples of the last week...

2. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

Eco Punx! ACTIVATE!!!! :D
    But on a more serious note, I find these little acts of destruction extremely annoying too. I actually saw a group of kids from my school purchase apples specifically to throw them at the fucking ground.....and my school is supposed to only have the top 25% of test scorers in the district.
    The youth are doomed.

3. JOHN E.

JOHN E. Member New Member

Jan 31, 2010

hey dwtcos if i came off bad didnt mean to or that other dude i been goin back and forth with. im supposed to leave on a two week tour with a bros band. there is supposed to be a fuckin blizzard friday into sat. so i been uptight about it. plus thereis only a few of us. its about unity right take care you too asa later

4. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

ummm haha, they're not anarchists, they're "punks" cajoled into a way of philosphical thinking, when shit gets bad do somethin else, all will come to the pale when shit hits the fan, smile and move on, we gotta build not consolidate bad behaviour but don't diss em, inform em as all is all ya can do, maybe one will pick up the coat.

there is every decreasing circles too but know when to and not to fight the fight, there is only one fight.

infighting not discussing, is as bad as crapism, been told how not to be you is also very divisive, watch that but never diss, we are sensitive entities, some more than others as ya go...

5. JOHN E.

JOHN E. Member New Member

Jan 31, 2010

right on gotta go first stop is down the coast friday gotta do some drivin be cool

6. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

yea i know the earth still has resources for like a million more years but every time i see something that can be recycled going into the garbage...it kills a part of me :D
    in my school theres no recycle bins....only garbage so i have to throw anything there :(

7. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

i know school can be hard but try and keep rubbish and recycle later and if don't buy food at school etc then whats to recycle or hold it down and paper, thats not hard to hold onto or push for bins at school

8. Bananaman

Bananaman Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 9, 2009

It is true that a lot of classical anarcho-syndicalists tend to overlook the whole environment issue, and look down on those who argue for it etc... In a way anarchist and anarchopunk movement always had strong connections with the alternative environmentalist movement, and if you ask me the mainstream environmentalist movement is nothing but a joke.

If somebody wants a serious discussion on the environmental issues and some solutions and such post a question and we will discuss...

There are a lot of everyday actions that can be more or less environmentally friendly, but in my opinion not owning a car and not eating meat are by far the two best things you can do...

9. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

well said and being anti this system, it keeps you true and do what ya can do to get our way for the peepz.

10. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

To me being anarchist also means trying to be as self-sufficient as possible, so relying on the system as least as possible.
    Doesn't that automatically imply alternative methods of power (solar panels, wind-mills), alternative water sources (a well for all I care) and recycling in and of itself?

11. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

yes working towards that asap, punk is realism and realism is diy, passin on, helping others, building better communities and world, wow wata hippy, u can still rock and not be a 'dick.'

u're on the net, use it yo if ya wondering how ta find the means, hop too, and ask unleading questions and don't tell peepz personal shit, nada to do with nada, keep ya wits, don't believe heresy, listen, ask, your experiance will teach you well(its true), man i sound more and more like a movie ummm

12. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

i dunno about where you come from man but here where i live, all that shit is really expensive...

13. Bananaman

Bananaman Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 9, 2009

The whole issue is that it doesn't really have to be expensive, but is made that way by those that take in the profits. A solar panel will pay for it's own self over time, and wind doesn't cost anything. The whole thing is, once you make a windmill it can go on working for the long time, and that is bad if you think like modern industrialists think, so you have to make it expensive and low quality to keep your business going. I know this is a simplification, but the point is still there...

It is true that fossil fuels are a very efficient power source, but they pollute and are not renewable. Solar power and wind power may require more to get the same results that also means having to think more about how we use the energy. In short cheap energy is a thing of the past.

And here is an idea... Let's share ideas on how we could be more self sufficient. Actual experiences are even better... Anybody? Something for city dwellers? My idea is to get a new bicycle and start cycling more, doing practical runs instead of city transportation...

14. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

15. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

Aha. Punny.

16. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Apart from completely agreeing with Bananaman I can add that if the government would REALLY be interested in helping save the environment, it wouldn't be.
    And I never said it would be obtainable for everyone, but I think many of us see that as a goal anyway.